Sunday, October 16, 2005

Changing classes. Sorry that I was not able to get right back to some of you to answer questions this weekend, I felt so free after getting out of N4 that I signed up for 3, 12 hour shifts of nursing at LMH this weekend. Now I am ready to start mental health on Mon. The next 2 weeks, we have lecture on Mon 1230-1630. I can probably meet you before or after, let me know. My Tues-Wed clinicals do not start until Nov. 1st, so I am not sure if that means that I will be free all day on those days until it starts. I will let you know after my first day.
For the N2 class, the pharm book is really helpful for the pain, I have posted a bunch of stuff and links on our blog to help you too.
I am looking at a Davis pocket Nutrition guide called Nutri Notes, that I bought from the college bookstore, right now. Unfortunately these little books cost as much as a big textbook.I wish that I had this pocket book when I was in your class. It has all of the different kinds of diets and foods in it for all of the different medical conditions. It includes ethnic and culture foods, lists of foods that have all of those wanted or unwanted vitamins and minerals that Shelba loves to test you on. Check it out. I will also have it with me if you want to look at it.
Good luck, have fun, remember that common sense goes a long way. Take notes (hint, hint) Tape lectures. Check out practice tests from the nursing center online. Shelba writes for them, they are Lippencott. Their info is current and very helpful, you can also find a bunch of Nursing Made Incredibly Easy articles and tests there. I have the links posted in most of my practice tests in the test bank. Take tests right away after lecture to see what you need to focus in on the most with your studies.

When you do the skills lab and watch the cancer video, take kleenexes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bonnie, were you able to see if Thursdays at 11 were going to work having a study session upstairs in Locke? If not, I would like to schedule some time with you in tutor center maybe Thursday ams? Thanks so much for all you do, all the encouragement is so appreciated.

-Christine :)

Bonnie Boss said...

Christine, I can see you on Thurs. 11-12ish is not that long of a time to study but we can make due with any time that we have. I can come in earlier on Thurs too. If we can't get a class for the times we need, we can get a library room or just sit around campus somewhere.

Lisa Stephenson said...

"Check out practice tests from the nursing center online."

Can you tell me where at? On Delta's nursing site?

Thanks!
-Lisa

Bonnie Boss said...

Look at the post titled "Like practice tests?" The link is posted there. On the left hand side srcoll over the CE connection, then scroll down the list to "browse by clinical topics" There you will discover Test Heaven. Shelba will also probably assign an article or 2 from there for you to read. Make sure that you read it!!!!!! We had test questions from there. Shelba writes her own questions, but if you understand something, it doesn't matter from which angle the question comes from.Shelba's assigned reading is how I discovered this site and I have never left.Ha, ha.

PS let me know if Shelba still gives really long and complicated directions on how to access the site. If that doesn't confuse you, nothing will. (Use the posted link and then bookmark it)

Bonnie Boss said...

Never mind my complicated directions. The link that I posted for you takes you directly there.