Monday, November 14, 2005

READ THIS IF YOU ARE IN NEED FOR UNITS TO MEET FINANCIAL AID REQUIREMENTS FOR 12 UNITS NEXT SEMESTER...

Hello everyone. Today I met with the director of the work experience program. I was pleading er, um I mean discussing with him about how the nursing students were in need of 3 units to cover the rest of the 9 units that we have in nursing school. Many of us have already taken our pre req's thus leaving us scrambling for internet courses, etc to meet the financial aid required units of 12 for full aid...so after showing him our schedule and explaining to him about our clinical time, we were able to decide that indeed the 14-18 hours of clinical is considered "non paid" we had to discuss about the fact whether or not it would qualify as "volunteer" time. I told him that it was non paid but was surely not "volunteer", it is a requirement of the RN program. After careful consideration he decided that we as nursing students would be eligible for work experience some people being eligible for up to 4 units...however...of course there are requirments with hours and such...I will speak to yall at the lecture on Thursday if you are interested. I hope this will help some of you... I know it is a HUGE help to me.

See you all soon!
Blessings,

Christine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you can add all the hours up Sarah..there is a required amount, the way I look at it is like this...if we only need 3 units..only take the three units which gives leadway in case you miss a clinical day or somethin :)