Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Hello again...hmmm guess who? :) I am posting something to share with you guys...you deserve to know that this very special recognition was recieved by me, but dedicated to all of us :) Below is a copy of my speech, I wanted to share with you all....
I would like to first thank the Academic Senate for the opportunity to receive this award today. Thank you to Shelba Durston who nominated me for this award. Thank you to the wonderful FCHS staff and my nursing instructors who have inspired my creativity, and have allowed me to express my thoughts into writing. Thank you to my husband, my son, my daughter and my sister, without you all, I am but a blank page.
I called the Academic Senate office last week, and was informed that I could speak today, here I find myself, for once searching for words to replace the thoughts within my head. In regards to my writing, I will share with you something one of my fellow classmates said to me the other day, William says to me, “ I admire it that you write so well, I wish that I could say it the way you do. Then write it, and get the emotions out of people that you do.” To this, I will respond by sharing with you all that the greatest compliment received as a writer, is when someone reads your writings, then shares with you their appreciation for saying exactly how they were feeling, but couldn’t find the words. I have been blessed with the talent to express how we all feel not just as nursing students, but as humans. The many trials and jubilations, sadness, joys, fears, happiness, hopelessness, heartaches and hope that accompany life, join me as well as I care for my family, friends and my patients. All of these things have been an amazing experiences thus far, and I look forward to the future allotting me more stories to share with everyone. It is with great honor I accept the lessons that my patients have taught me, in turn it is with honor that I accept recognition on behalf of them, and my fellow students…for it is their voices, I am but an interpreter for us all.
In closing I would like to share with you a quote, one that expresses the hope that I have for each of you, Ralph Waldo Emerson…"Do not go where the path may lead,
go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

..........(those are tears by the way! haha) Thanks my special friends, you guys are the best friends anyone could ever hope for...without eachother..what in the heck would we all do? You guys too..are special,awesome and just plain wonderful people..I too am quite blessed!