Monday, April 30, 2007

Preceptors...Who were the good ones?

Hello again!

If you guys had a great experience with your preceptor I would like to know who they were and what you liked about him/her! Most of my experience had been at Dameron and one stint at Lodi so I haven't been exposed to many of the possible candidates. I've heard of a few, but I would appreciate any guidance you could share with me. It would be a great help. Thanks for anything you can provide! hcolern2b@gmail.com

Harrison

2 comments:

Miranda said...

The precepting experience, just like everything else, is whatever YOU make of it. Whomever your preceptor is: focus on your similarities and not your differences, focus on strengths not weaknesses, take what you need from the experience and leave the rest.

Harrison Cole said...

Thanks for the good advise Miranda!
I agree with you completely! I guess what I meant was that I was looking to match my preferred learning style with the same teaching style to optimize my learning experience. Personalities I can deal with no prob. But nobody wants to get burned and the learning might be hindered if the time spent is dodging the radar.